Tuesday, 20 March 2012

A Million Suns Review

ATTENTION:This review contains spoilers - Do not read unless you have read Across the Universe.


Summary: Godspeed was once fueled by lies. Now it is ruled by chaos. It’s been three months. In that time, Amy has learned to hide who she is. Elder is trying to be the leader he’s always wanted to be. But as the ship gets more and more out of control, only one thing is certain: They have to get off the ship.

Rating: ♥♥♥♥
Cover: 4/5

Review: After reading Across the Universe, I was sure Beth Revis wouldn't be able to top her first novel... I was surprisingly mistaken!A MillionSuns was everything it could have been - full of love, action, mystery, sacrifice, and betrayal. You will not be able to put this book down! If you, like me, loved the chemistry between Amy and Elder in the first novel, you'll be in love with the connections made in the second novel. One of my favorite parts of the book was watching their relationship grow.

On the subject of Amy and Elder - I also thught it was great how much they grew as individual characters. Because this book was full of so muchaction, they both had to go through so much both together and o they're own - especially Elder, who, after Eldest's death in Across the Universe, has to take on the huge responsibilty of almost 3,000 people. It was great reading how Elder tried to deal with everything, but it was so sweet seeing Amy there for him.

But oh boy - aside from the people, you learn some huge secrets about the ship itself!Just within the 2-3 chapters, an unbelievable secret is unveiled that blew me away! But trust me, it is nothing compared to what you learn later on in the book! If you read and loved Across the Universe - or even if you didn't particularly like it, - I strongly suggest you read A Million Suns - it's even better than the first novel and I absolutely can't wait to find out what happens in the last book of the trilogy, Shades of the Earth.

3 comments:

  1. I didn't read your review (I saw the spoilers alert :p) but I did see your rating. I read Across the Universe recently and really liked it so I'm so excited to read this one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oohhh i didnt mean there are spoilrs for a million suns i meant there are spoilers for across the universe :P lol i guess i should fix that and make it more clear... and yaaa i loved across the universe but this one was even better!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a cover. I know you're not supposed to judge a book by its cover, but I couldn't help it. Your review made me want to read this one just that much more.

    ReplyDelete